Monday, July 11, 2005

Hurricane Dennis

Stupid hurricane. With this thing about to hit Cuba, and no certainty on its future US landfall, I decided I wanted my kid back from the Biloxi area. Better safe than sorry. The "cone of uncertainty" (or whatever they call it) included Mississippi. I was not going to leave my kid in that situation. Luckily, my mom saw it my way. We met halfway, around Tuscaloosa, on Saturday morning. Meaning we left here at 12:30am. And no, I did not get any sleep at all. And then we came home and watched the wall-to-wall coverage on Sunday. I suppose that luckily it did not hit Mississippi. Does not matter. Better safe than sorry. I could never live with myself if it HAD hit Mississippi and she was still there.

And now Dennis is here over Middle Tennessee, raining and raining. And my kid is mad because her vacation was cut short. Oh well. I've got more rants about it, but I will save them for my DH.

No comments: