Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First Katrina and now Astroworld

Just punch me in the gut why don't ya?? Closing Astroworld?? How could they? I admit, I haven't been there in 10 years-well I haven't been back to Texas since I left in September of 1996, but the memories. The memories are rushing back now. I'll being going through the scrapbooks and scanning old photos soon, adding them to the website. I hear it really has gone downhill in the past few years, but the memories are so many and so good. I was only a year older than the park, so I literally have been going my whole life and feel like I grew up there. The summer when I was 12, when mom got the job at a car lot in the area and my sister and I got season passes and were dropped off there just about every single day of the summer. It just didn't get any better than that. Those were the good times.

I am stunned into depression for the second time in two weeks. Life truly sucks right now.

No comments: