Monday, January 04, 2010

The New Year

Time to think about the things I want to get done in 2010. I think last year pretty much sucked. I have my fingers crossed that this year will be better.

I did get some things done on it last year, fixing up a new look and sectioning it out more. Now I just need to add more of the hundreds of thousands of photos I have to it. I really want to work on the cemetery and historic places sections. Those seem to be what I have the most.

  • Add more and better photos to my Flickr page.
I don't have a 'premium' membership, so I'm only allowed around 200 photos. I just want to make sure that I upload the best and most interesting photos I have and hope that it leads people who look there to my personal website to see more. I don't get many views right now though, not really sure what I need to do to get more out there. Maybe I should comment on other photos I like more, and that will lead others back to my page. Not certain.

Maybe I'll just get over my fear of rejection and link my 'photo of the day' to some of the contests that they have. And maybe link the other to some cemetery blogs I've come across. Either way, they need help and they need me posting more often and not playing games so much.

  • The big one, of course, is to get more organized.
I have stacks of photos all over, they need to be scanned and re-filed. I have boxes of tourism pamphlets that I've considered scanning and organizing somehow. A box of maps that need filing. Books need to be straightened out. Copies from reference books at the library need to be placed in notebooks. I even need to go through the cups of pens on my desk and throw out the ones that don't work anymore!

  • And finally, get out more!
If only I can convince the hubby. January and February really are the best times to get out and see things, when all the foliage has died back and there are no bugs or snakes! So much to see, so little time. So much to do, time to get started!

No comments: