Thursday, July 10, 2008

This past week

It's been a busy week. With the Fourth of July and the weekend, here is what I have been up to:

Fourth of July:
We grilled out, and watched "1776", a classic and a must for watching that day. And we played a LOT of Warcraft. All weekend.

Saturday:
We drove out to Wilson County to visit a cemetery that hubby had come across. And what luck, a Revolutionary War Soldier buried there!

John Williamson, Green's North Carolina Regiment. I will be adding more info about this cemetery to the website soon, I hope.

Sunday:
We went down to Manchester to visit the Old Stone Fort State Archaeological Park. It was a very nice mile and a 1/4 hike with a few waterfalls to stop and photograph. Got to play around with my tripod and using slower shutter speeds to get those cool blurry water shots. Not extremely thrilled with how most of the photos came out, but I am still learning, it was my first try doing that. The site was very interesting, completely not what I had expected before visiting. But I love to learn and it was fascinating. I want to make a resolution to visit every park listed in the book "Hikes of Middle Tennessee". I should post about that tomorrow maybe, list the ones I have already visited, list the ones I want to visit the most. Man I love to travel.

No comments: