Monday, June 30, 2008

No more Flickr

I have deleted all the photos I had on Flickr. It wasn't very many, but I don't want to do business with them anymore. I was listening to Kim Komando show this weekend and she talked about how Flickr is not a very trusted site. I know I can't keep my photos completely safe, but seeing as how it seems people troll that site for photos to steal, I'd rather not have any of mine there.

I will continue to watermark my photos as well as post a photo a day on my other blog(when I am available to do so), and eventually add them to my private website. Not interested in hosting them somewhere else for now.

1 comment:

Chris Bergman said...

Scout,

I can understand your frustration. I can't tell you how many times I've heard about someone having their image stolen and used improperly.

Have you had an opportunity to try out Photrade.com? I work them, and know that they have an entire photo protection suite coming soon, which has started with being able to custom watermark directly onto your photos from the site. If not, let me know and I'll send you an invite code. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Take care,
-Chris