Monday, May 21, 2007

Sometimes Average sucks

What happened here? Yeah I hadn't posted in awhile. And then I come here and the whole Google thing has changed and I gotta do this and that just to get back in. Whatever. Like you care. Like ANYONE is even reading this!

So here is the deal...I have been addicted to World of Warcraft. I send the kid off to school on the bus at 6:30am, then I log in and play all day. When the kid gets home, I still play. Maybe I stop to make dinner, maybe we all eat TV dinners(at the computer). When husband gets home, we all play until bedtime. Sometimes I stay up later and play. Every day. On weekends, unless something else comes up, its play from wake up to bed time.

Yeah. So I have a level 70(for those who don't know, 70 is the highest you can get for now), 65, 61, 61, 61, 52, 44, 40, 35, 32, 22, and countless lower than that. And I've been playing since October of '05. Yep, for a year and a half now. When we found it, it was something to escape too(go back and read my posts from around that time if you are wondering.).

Real life sucked ROCKS, I went to Fantasy Land.

In that time, I've let my website rot, basically. I mean, I've paid for it to stay there, but I haven't updated it in all this time. I want to, I really do. But that takes time. And time away from WoW. I want to start today, I want to go back to it. Honestly, I miss it and it makes me so friggin depressed just thinking about it. Do I want to be remembered for having an excellent source of genealogical information, or for some stupid video game characters?? Sigh...

I could also blame the gas prices. We used to take those long drives every weekend, hunting down graveyards or just seeing the countryside. But ever since Katrina, gas has been ridiculous(and even more so at this very moment), and it is actually cheaper for us to have 3 Warcraft accounts and play that every day, than to spend gas and food money every weekend for some time driving around. (3 WoW accounts =$45, 4 weekends of gas+snacks+lunch =~$100) This is the main reason we no longer Geocache. Cheaper to stay home. Sucks.

So yesterday, I don't know why really, it really hit me that I am wasting my time on this game. I can't even remember what made me get so down all of a sudden. It might have been checking my e-mails(something I do, literally, once a month). And realizing how important all the work I had done was to some people out there. And how the crap I do on Warcraft isn't important to anyone. I mean, what the heck am I doing??

This is getting long, I think I will publish now and think more later.

No comments: