Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF

I worked on the site a bit today. I got all of the "A" cemeteries done for Rutherford County and uploaded. Working on the photos for the "B" cemeteries now. Thought it might be easier than going chronologically and completely redoing all of the photos, though I will probably do that at some point. I just want to get them all up and on the site as soon as possible. I am avoiding long lists of photos for now. I am trying to just add the "overall" area and gate photos for now. Individual pictures will come later.

The picture here is of one of the old columns from the Tennessee State Capitol. You can see the Capitol Building in the background. The old columns were replaced in 1955. They were originally placed in 1850 and were quarried nearby. Many of the columns ended up in a field near the old Tennessee State Prison. Some of them were brought back to the Capitol in 1996 as a memorial to the stonecutters who built it. Taken by me last summer.


A final note, and a sad one. One of my kid's softball coaches from last year passed away last week. He was only 37, with 2 young kids. His funeral was today. My heart and prayers are with Danielle and Aaron.

No comments: