Monday, July 23, 2007

Fishing

I do want to talk about something positive here. Last week, the 14th, we went fishing. Got up early, went down to the lake, it was awesome! I ended up catching 10 of the little suckers(I have no idea what they were-bluegill, crappie?). The kiddo caught one on her own, hubby had no luck. Then we went for a bit of a drive. Headed over to the Natchez Trace to stop for a picnic since we hadn't stayed at the lake long enough to eat the lunch we had brought. At the Garrison Creek rest area we had our picnic. Then they decided to check the creek for fish. Sure enough, after a few casts using lures(we had no bait), hubby pulls up a little fishie! Then kiddo asks to toss in a line and she reels one in on her first cast!

I would have loved to had stayed out later, but we had gotten up pretty early and were pretty tired by the time we got home. All in all it was a great day.

I just wish we could get out and do that more often.

No comments: