Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bowl

However I would LOVE it for Eli to be able to win this game, just to SHUTUP all those nay-sayers. That would be sweeeeeeeet.


As written from below, on Jan 29. Nice. I know I said I like the Pats too and wouldn't mind them winning, but I think Eli winning is so much better! It felt so awesome watching Eli hold up that trophy. Awesome.

I've downloaded the trial version of Lord of the Rings:Online. It is similar to World of Warcraft, but so far it's so much better. None of the stuff that I despise about WoW is in this game! I hate PvP, there is no PvP except in staged areas where you play playervsmonsterplayer. Not interested, and it doesn't have to affect my every day play. With that, there are 4 races and all are on the same side, so no faction-hate and no stupid town raids or players from the other faction taunting you or calling you names. There is no pressure to be 'uber' or 'leet' and I don't see the players standing around the mailbox in their 'leet' gear calling anyone without full epics 'noobs'.

So far I haven't seen anywhere near as many players as you do in WoW, which also so far means no jerks, no horrible chat talk, no duel spams from much higher levels, none of that crap. And the scenery is awesome, gorgeous. The quests are fun and there are tons of them. The little goals to strive for alongside the quests, like getting titles, is very cool. I really like this game.

Here is my problem, I don't really need another thing to get addicted to!! I have pulled myself away from WoW enough right now to not care about playing until the next expansion comes out. I need to spend the time to work on my website. I would love to go back to taking small road trips once a month(though gas prices still suck). Games are fun when you have time to play them, but when you are paying $12 a month(for WoW, or $10 a month for LotRO) then you feel **obligated** to play as much as possible to 'get your money's worth'. I would prefer a home game, where you pay for the game ONCE for each computer and then you play when you want and don't feel the need to play because you are paying more and more each month. I also would prefer something where it is just hubby, kiddo and me playing together without outside interference or even the slightest chance some idiot will come along and ruin your gameplay. I am SICK AND TIRED of it. I just don't know what to do now. Sigh.

Enough for today.

No comments: