Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And football is back

Lucky me. Don't get me wrong, I love football. I mean I LOVE football. But generally my teams suck. They just do. I don't know if it is my fault, or I just pick crappy teams. I mean I do like underdogs, but there is a difference in rooting for a hard-luck team(like when I became a Braves fan back in the 80s), and being a hard-core fan and your team just starts SUCKING.

This weekend was opening weekend for college football. I think maybe ONE team out of all the ones I pulled for actually won their game-and shocker that was Vanderbilt! Losses by Tennessee, MTSU, Michigan, whoever plays Florida and Alabama, on and on. Good grief. Well, ok, Texas and Mizzou won their games. USC, but at the expense of Virginia, and VA Tech blows their game at the end. I know normally I would be happy for UCLA, but seeing my beloved Vols look absolutely horrible last night just killed me a little inside.

So next week is the opening weekend of NFL. Go Titans, Broncos, Falcons, Patriots, Giants and Jets. Oh and this week Philly, Cincy and Cleveland(playing St Louis, Baltimore and Dallas).

I hope this really means that Fall is just about here. I want the cold weather. Badly. To be able to head out to the cemeteries in NOT heat will be nice. But not on Saturdays or Sundays.

No comments: