Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I write this with a heavy heart. I still have not heard how many family back in Houston(Pasadena) is doing. I'm sure they are ok. I also wonder how the cemetery that my grandparents are buried in fared. It is on the east side of Harris County, which I heard got hit the worst.

I scoured photos. I see places I grew up under water. I see memories from Galveston and the places now gone. It is like Katrina all over. Almost. Katrina was an immediate affect. My mom's place was wiped off the map. The whole Mississippi coast was wiped off the map. I saw it with my own eyes. I don't think I will ever see anything so horrible. With Ike, well, I spent the first 30 years of my life in Houston. Seeing it damaged, and in some cases destroyed is painful in a different way-but painful nonetheless. Seeing a souvenir shop you recall from your youth but haven't seen in maybe 12 or 13 years disappear on tv is one thing, seeing first hand the Taco Bell and Walmart you JUST WENT TO be completely GONE is something else.

Honestly I don't know what else to say now. I am avoiding the internet for several reasons...and yes mainly because I am playing a LOT of Warcraft with the new expansion game coming out soon, my characters have a lot to do to be ready for it. But mainly, really, is the places I used to feel comfortable are just overrun by liberals and I cannot spend time around them. Even ignoring them doesn't work because I know the crap they are spouting and if I were to even attempt to say anything from my side I would be smacked down faster than a hungry mosquito. I've already been called "ugly" just because I had the 'Nobama' graphic on my signature. Yes, called physically ugly just for that. How can I go back to a place where someone like that is part of the majority? I'm just not the kind that can argue and I'm not sure I can attempt to be 'friendly' regarding other matters with people who HATE me because I am conservative.

So I will talk to myself here. And head off the the World of Warcraft and get lost in that little world.

Oh and Sarah Palin rocks. Hockey moms FTW.

No comments: