Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

Here is a run down on what we did on the 3 day weekend.
Saturday...was already explained, Radnor Lake

Sunday...we saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". My review? Well, I absolutely adore Harrison, he has been my favorite actor ever since Han Solo strode onto the screen in the first "Star Wars" when I was TEN years old!! That was a loooong time ago. Yes, he looks awesome. Yes, he appeared to do a LOT more of his own stunts that Shia did. The story, well a bit corny. Ok, I wrote out a line and realized I didn't want to give out any spoilers, so let's just leave it at corny! It wasn't as good as "Raiders" or "Last Crusade", but it was definitely better than "Temple"(which we watched when we got home!). IT WAS FUN, that was the best thing to say about it! I enjoyed it! I don't know much about Shia, but I have heard of him before. It was great seeing Ray Winstone again(still love him from "Robin of Sherwood"!). I didn't realize that the bad chick was Galadrial from LotR until I got home and did an IMDB search! So, all in all, I give it a 7 out of 10.

Monday...we cooked out. Wanted to head down to the cemetery but wasn't feeling good and then we got the food grilled just before the rains came, and came, and came. We watched "National Treasure 2" which we had bought the other day. After seeing "Indiana Jones", it felt like an "all archaeology weekend"! I really liked "NT2" also, the history things really get me! AND...this one is about the Lincoln "conspiracy", so they show this 'lost page' from Boothe's diary with names on it of the 'conspirators'. And the third name on the list is SPANGLER....he's a cousin of mine! My 2xgreat-grandma was Regina Spangler(m. Gideon P Wallace). She was the 3xgreat-granddaughter of Hans Rudolph Spangler, the father of several children who immigrated to America from Germany in the early 1700s. One son was Hans Kasper(my line), another was Johann Balthasar(Edman Spangler's line). Edman didn't really have much to do with the assassination of Lincoln, and spent only 6 years in jail and was pardoned by President Johnson. Still it was quite cool seeing that name on the big screen like that!

We've also played a LOT of World of Warcraft this weekend. If you ever wonder when I don't update this page-check the Warcraft blog of mine(link at right) and if that is updated, that is where I am!

No comments: