Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Summary

Saturday we went to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. It was very fun, as usual! I think this makes our fourth year in a row to go. And we finally did what I had been wanting to do since I moved to Tennessee 12 years ago...get inside that awesome castle! The previous years we always seemed to forget about the free tour until it was too late. This year we hit it first thing. And it was so worth it! Seeing it up close and on the inside, well it was simply awesome. I can't think of much else to say about it. I will try to post a few photos later. We missed most of the jousting, which stank because I really wanted to give my new camera a good workout. Will have to come up with something else(like a trip to the Smokies in a few weeks?!). We bought a very cool Dragon incense burner, the smokes comes out the mouth-I love it!

We did head over to the Muse Cemetery, now located off the Smyrna Greenway near John Coleman school, to get a few photos. Need to get those fixed up and added to the website. I'm so behind on that. Grr.

Sunday night was the ACM Awards. Brad Paisley won Male Vocalist! Hooray! AND Best Video!! YEAH! (even though they didn't show the awarding of that award, which ticked me off!) He should have won Entertainer of the Year as well. Kenny Chesney won-but Kenny was right, the "fan voting" was a gimmick and it sucked. If all of the other votes were made my ACM members, why shouldn't this one still be? There are other "fan voted" award shows-leave that stuff to them. I'm not saying Kenny wouldn't have won otherwise, or if Brad(who deserved it) would have won, but PLEASE keep the gimmick crap off one of the only "industry" voted awards show. Gah.

No comments: