Thursday, May 22, 2008

Still working on the website


Ok, so I goofed off a bit yesterday. I did get the "Architecture" and "Bridges" sections added to the website. Today I will be working on "Statues". This statue is George Washington, it is near the Capitol building in Richmond, Virginia. I took it on the wonderful two-day trip my mom, kiddo and I took in March 2006. That was such a fun trip because basically we just took off for two days and said 'let's see how much of Virginia can we see in 2 days?'. We saw Richmond, Appomattox, Red Hill(Patrick Henry's home), Natural Bridge, Lexington, Guinea Station(where Stonewall Jackson died), Harpers Ferry, and Strasburg(where I have family buried). So much fun. I ache to do that again.

I just wanted to add a little something. I hate attention. It is not something I seek, in fact I almost fear the thought of being the center of attention. All eyes on me is something from my nightmares. That said, "being noticed" is something entirely different, and aside from my wonderful family, I don't think I am ever "noticed" for what I can do. And that hurts. I would love to hear someone tell me my photos are really, really good-but I cannot bring myself to place them somewhere where there are a million eyes yet no one looks. I want respect, not a pat on the head... "oh those are nice...keep trying, you'll get better ones someday" I've considered myself a photographer since the day I plopped down my hard earned cash back in 1983 for a Pentax K1000. I was sixteen years old. I took so many photos with that old Pentax, the shutter inside the long lens was broken and it still took awesome photos. I used it until my hubby bought me my Canon EOS Rebel in 1999. And THAT took awesome photos too! The boxes upon boxes full of 4x6 photos tell me I used these cameras for everything they were worth. Then the digital came, and it was a Fuji Finepix, just a little thing, in 2002. And that was there to save so much money on printing-it definitely paid for itself within a few months! And now I have been lucky enough to upgrade to a truly awesome digital camera. Sure, my subject matter so far isn't nightscapes or the ruins of Italy, but I think the photos are pretty good. I'm just not sure what to do with them aside from posting a few here and adding as many as I can to my website, but I guess that will have to do. I have to go now. I have to go use my camera to take photos of my kid getting an award at school for Academic Excellence.

No comments: